Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Corbin's Birthday--Friday, September 4th










Well, everyone knows that Corbin decided to be a little bit stubborn and not to come down far enough for me to have him vaginally. I had the best support people, thank you, Andy, Kim, Molly, and my Doula, Angie! But, after 36 hrs of labor (about 24 feeling pain) I was ready for him to come however he wanted! The c-section made me very nervous. The lady had a hard time getting the spinal in (she tried 4-5 times). She finally did get it in and about that time I was panicking; got really hot, felt as if I couldn't breathe, got nauseated, etc. Andy said I was talking completely normal until this point. I even asked if they had started to cut yet! Then she gave me some other medicine and the fun began!! I slurred something about my eyes being swollen and being slant eyed. I compared myself to the doctor who was cutting on me! Dr. Chin is foreign. It is a good thing he didn't take it personally. I sure didn't mean any harm by the comment! Then I kept trying to get my hand up and Andy asked what I wanted and I said I needed to scratch my nose. He finally said okay and was going to let me scratch my nose and I started scratching my CHIN! They thought that was hilarious. I did not feel one tiny thing even the pressure they had warned me about. The next thing I knew Andy and Kim were crying and then I heard a little tiny cry. I guess it was a minute or two and then the nurses gave Corbin to Andy to show me. He was precious. His face was all scrunched up! The important ones left the room. It felt like it took them FOREVER to get me sowed back up. I kept asking them if they were about through. I guess I finally got to my room.

On Friday night, I don't really remember much. I know Andy brought him to me all bundled up and I asked to see his fingers,toes and ears. He showed them to me and helped me hold him. I was in and out. I think I must have been resting well! I think I finally woke up some about midnight. The nurse was wonderful. She asked if we wanted her to take the baby to the nursery. I guess at this point she knew I wasn't going to be any good and Andy was about to just fall out from exhaustion (2 long days of exhaustion and worry). Andy said no thank you. I said honey you better let her. I am not going to be able to help you tonight and you need some sleep! So he finally said okay. Corbin stayed in the nursery from about midnight till 6am. That was the best sleep ever for both of us.

On Saturday, we found out that Susan and Jackson were on their way to West Memphis to see us--well probably mostly to see their little brother! However, we couldn't wait to see them. We called Andy's parents and found out that Pop had decided that he had to come see Corbin immediately! Molli and Marty were in town as were Angela and Lee, so all of Andy's family got to come to see us while the kids were there. It was a wonderful visit.

2 comments:

The Skains Family said...

Yay for Corbin finally arriving! So happy for you guys and praying as you make this transition. He is beautiful. Nothing like have a baby is there?!?!

Andy, Kristi, Susan, Jackson, & Corbin said...

It is beyond amazing! You can't even begin to describe the feelings that a baby brings to your life. We are so blessed!